LIVE on Norwegian Epic Day 7: Why Do Goodbyes Have to Be So Hard?


This is the blog post that I have not been looking forward to at all. The part where it ends. We have to go back to reality. To our lives where there is no concierge or butler. I know it sounds conceited, but it's rough. Yesterday was our last day on board the Norwegian Epic. I know. It sucks. However, we made the best of it. Stupid me got up at 5:30 to see the sunrise that wasn't until 7:30. I forgot that we returned to normal time over night which meant sunrise would be later. While I waited, I explored the ship one last time and took over 500 pictures before 7 AM.

Once the sun finally came up, I headed back to our suite and went back to sleep for 3 hours. Breakfast was at the Epic Club Lounge and consisted of Pancakes and Steaks with Eggs. I only ate the steak and one egg. My body is starting to reject food, which has never happened before. I think that this week I ate the most food I have ever eaten in my entire life.

After breakfast, we were lazy bums and laid around and watched TV. We finally got up and went to gamble! We played the same machine as we did in yesterday's blog. We did that until about 3 and the went to O'Sheehan's for lunch.

We ordered all three appetizers, and I ordered a cheeseburger and chicken sandwich. I finished none of this. I only took a couple bites out of each thing. I don't know what was wrong with me. Apparently I forgot that cruise ship calories do not count. My body must've been preparing itself for reality.

After lunch, we went up to deck 6 to buy some souvenirs at the gift shop. Those gift shops are so cool, and they have so many cool things, but they are SUPER expensive.

After spending our life savings at the gift shop and significantly increasing the weight of our suitcases, we went back to the room to find it decorated for Dan's birthday that happens to be on Sunday. We set this up a long time ago, and the package includes decorations and a cake.

We had reservations at La Cucina that we thought about changing to Le Bistro, but we didn't. I got Angel Hair Pasta and Grilled Garlic Shrimp. I finished both of them, and they were both very good. When dessert rolled around, none of us were hungry, and we passed it up.

After dinner, we had to go back to our room to pack the 8 weeks worth of stuff into our 7 suitcases. That number isn't exaggerated. We have 7. Suitcases. Our butler and our room stewardess came in during the process, and we said our goodbyes and got pictures with the both of them. The worst part of any cruise, apart from disembarking, is putting your bags out in the hall. It actually depresses me.

I headed down to the Garden Cafe one last time and ate some final pretzel bread and ice cream cones. How tragic.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to Norwegian Cruise Line, especially the crew of the Norwegian Epic, for once again providing us with an amazing vacation that we will never forget (not a sponsor). They always know how to do things right, and their crew is always happy to see us.

Well this is the hard part. Ending this blog and having to say goodbye to all of you who have been so kindly following along. Thank you for commenting and joking with me on Facebook! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you. I'll keep writing blogs here, but there is no future cruise in sight at the moment. I will be posting more about my thoughts from the Epic, so look forward to that. That post will also include how disembarkation went. Until then, this is PJ Morrissey for, signing off.

Norwegian Epic Day 7 Pictures: