Brilliance of the Seas review Day 2: Key West


If you haven't read day 1 yet, click here. Day 2- March 27- Key West, Florida

I ended up sleeping horribly during the night for some reason that I couldn't put my finger on. It wasn't the bed because it was super comfortable. There was this weird banging noise all night long that kept waking me up. It sounded like there were about 20 people knocking on our wall. It suddenly came to me about the 20th time that I woke up. It was the hangers. The hangers in the closet were swinging back and forth and hitting the wall. There was no way that I could take them out of the closet without waking everyone else up. So, instead I ended up getting up, putting my shoes on, and leaving.

It was about 6:00 AM, and almost nobody was up. The only people that I saw were the cleaning crew. The first thing I did was go up to deck 11 and sit on the covered part of the pool deck where they had coffee, donuts, and muffins.

After having a cup of coffee and a muffin, I went up to deck 12 to watch the sunrise from the front of the ship. There was another man up there with a professional camera who was getting ready to take pictures of the sunrise like me. At the time, I had absolutely no idea that it was Michael Poole, fellow blogger from Royal Caribbean Blog. If I had known at the time that it was him, I would have introduced myself, but I had no idea.

The Windjammer opened at 7:00 AM, so after watching the sunrise I headed up to get breakfast. I got pancakes, hash browns (they are soooooo good), and potato wedges. I ended up eating in the gold section because it was kind of cold and windy outside.

It was the day that we were going to Key West. So there were a bunch of people up getting ready by now, even though we wouldn't be there until 11:30 AM.

I was super excited to go to Key West because we had a really fun day planned.

After I was done relaxing at the Windjammer, I went back to our room, and by then everyone was awake. We ended up going to Chops Grille on deck 6 for breakfast. I only got a cup of coffee, since I had eaten at the Windjammer earlier.

At about 10:45 AM, I went to the helipad to watch us pull into Key West. It was super cool. Once again, I highly recommend going to the helipad a lot.

Then, I went back to the room to get ready to get off the boat.

I had been recruited to go get us bottles of water, since it was so hot outside. On the first try, I was stopped by a guy who was handing out Easter platters (since it was Easter Sunday) that contained two chocolate bunnies, chocolate eggs, and a nice card wishing us a Happy Easter.

2016-03-27_154653030_0838F_iOS (1)

On the second try to go get water, the cabin door ended up shutting on my right middle finger. it hurt SOOO bad. Even two months later, my finger is still kind of messed up. Make sure that you don't get your fingers in the way of those heavy doors.

After, taking two motrin, I FINALLY got to go get the waters.

At about 12:00 PM, we got off the ship and started out on our adventure. However, before getting started we took a few pictures of the outside of the ship. See below.

The port side of the ship.

After pictures, we headed to our first stop, Truman's Little White House. I highly recommend this to people who like history. I also recommend it because it is really close to the port.

Truman's Little White House was really cool and interesting. Here is a cool picture that we took with Harry Truman!


Our next stop was Mile Marker Zero. It's about an 8 minute walk from Truman's Little White House and about another 8 minutes from the port. Mile Marker Zero is the beginning of all of the mile markers. It's where the road begins. It is pretty easy to find, too. All you have to do is type "Mile Marker Zero" into Google Maps.




After Mile Marker Zero, we started heading to the Southernmost Point. The Southernmost Point is pretty much self explanatory. It's the southern most point in the Continental U.S. It's pretty far from Mile Marker Zero and the port. It's a 14 minute walk from Mile Marker Zero, and a 22 minute walk from the port. Once again, all you have to do is type "Southernmost Point" into Google Maps. It is super cool, and I recommend it. Here is a very helpful tip. There was a man who was taking pictures for people who were standing in a very long line. We didn't feel like waiting in line. So we took a picture around back. However, later we realized that there was absolutely no reason to be afraid because it wasn't an organization that was controlling it, and nobody could have yelled at us because it was a public thing that those people shouldn't have fallen for. So, make sure that you are not like those people and just go take your picture.

This is a picture of us falling for it!

When we were heading back to the ship, we stopped at the Southernmost point and Mile Marker Zero store to get souvenirs. Because who doesn't love souvenirs! We bought a couple of shirts and a Mile Marker Zero sign. It was super cheap!

Once we got back to the ship, we were all super tired. We went up to deck 11 to the Windjammer for lunch. I got bread, pasta, potato wedges, and a vanilla ice cream cone. It was really good.

After lunch, we went back to our room and took a nap.

When it was time to leave, I got up and went to the helipad to watch us pull out. Once again, it is super cool!

For dinner, we went to the Windjammer again. I can't remember exactly what we got, but it was along the lines of cheeseburgers, fries, and hot dogs.

After dinner, we were all still really tired, so we went straight to bed.