Day 2- Norwegian Jade Live Blog April 10, 2017- Sea Day


Today we are at sea on our way to Cozumel, Mexico. The ship rocked a lot over night. We aren't going very fast so that is probably why. I woke up early this morning to work on my blog for day 1. I forgot to set my clock back an hour, so I ended up really getting up at 5:15 instead of 6:15. I sat in the Garden cafe until it opened at 6:30. I think it is really cool to see the ship while no-one is up!

When the buffet opened, I helped myself to some normal breakfast food. I got some potatoes, pancakes, and french toast. Everything was very good!

After breakfast, I headed back to our room to get ready for our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet! The M&G was in Le Bistro, the French restaurant on-board. It was very enjoyable! All of the senior officer were there. They all introduced themselves, and gave a little explanation of what they did. I learned that the Norwegian Jade places second in the NCL fleet for cleanliness, and the Norwegian Gem first. They also told us that this sailing was completely booked with 2,857 passengers. They were so nice and super funny!

After the M&G, I headed up to deck 11 to the bridge viewing area. It was so cool! You can see everything going on in the bridge, and all of the plaques form when the ship used to be registered in the US as the Pride of Hawaii. Here are some pictures that I took below:

I then went back up to deck 14 to relax in the Haven.  I ended up taking a nap for about an hour, but then it got way too hot for me. By then it was lunch time, so I made my way back down to the Garden Cafe for lunch. Lunch consisted of a cheeseburger and fries, along with an ice cream cone.

At 5:30, we made our way to La Cucina for dinner. I ordered a caesar salad, but I never actually ate it because I was too full.

At 6:30, we got to meet the captain in the Bliss Ultra Lounge. We got the privilege to speak with the senior officers even more. They told us a lot of cool stories!

The entertainment for the night was once again, Arvin Mitchell the comedian. I sat in the front row. He ended up asking me in the middle of the show if I was recording him illegally. He said this because I had my camera on my lap pointing right at him. I said no, but he still didn't believe me. Later in the show, he picked on a couple who had come in late. He said "Don't worry! You didn't miss much. This man sitting in the front row here was recording the show, so just ask him to see it!" He was so funny that I went back to his second show at 9:30. I ended up sitting in the front row again. Right at the end of the show he caught me on my phone and said, "Get off your phone the show is almost over. What are you looking at?" I said that I was posting on Instagram. He then recognized me from the earlier show and said, "You were at the earlier show weren't you? Give this guy a round of applause!" After the show people kept coming up to me and saying, "You were the one sitting in the front row of the show tonight, weren't you!"

After the show, I went back to our cabin and went to bed.

Today was a very enjoyable day. I love sea days. They are so relaxing.

Random Thoughts:

  • The ice cream machine is so popular that they are constantly refilling it! This doesn't surprise me, though.
  • I know I wrote about this before, but the staff is so friendly! I've never met such a nice group of people!
  • Freestyle Daily:


  • Menus